For the stew
- 1 bag of frozen colocasia (tora)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1 liter of water
For the greens
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch of chard
Preparation:1. Pour the frozen colocasia into the pot and keep the chard aside.
2. Add the tomatoes, onion, chicken stock cubes and water to the pot.
3. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
4. In a separate shallow pan or skillet, heat the oil.
5. Add the garlic, salt, coriander and chard. Stir fry for 3 minutes or until garlic is tender and slightly golden.
6. Add the greens to the vegetable stew.
7. Simmer another 5-10 minutes.
8. Serve over rice or with baladi bread.